Free Tax Preparation

Visit one of NJCA’s VITA sites for free tax preparation services for the 2020 tax season!

New Jersey Citizen Action (NJCA) offers free tax preparation services as part of our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs from January through April for households earning up to $60,000. NJCA’ s free tax preparation service helps hard-working New Jersey families take advantage of all of the tax credits they are eligible for including the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit (CTC), and education credits. If you qualify for the EITC, you could receive up to $6,557 in tax refunds! You earned it…now claim it!

Since first launching our program in 2007, Citizen Action has provided more than 48,464 low-income workers with our free tax preparation services, returning more than $81.5 million in refunds to New Jersey families.

NJCA’s free tax preparation services are available in English and Spanish. Our IRS-certified staff prepares and electronically files federal and all state tax returns for individuals and families making less than $60,000 annually, and helps those eligible claim the state and federal Earned Income Tax Credits.

NJCA’s Tax Center will open on January 27, 2020 for the 2019-2020 tax season.