* Accepting Resumes *
New Jersey Citizen Action is a statewide grassroots organization that fights for social, racial and economic justice. Over the past 13 years, NJCA has provided free, quality tax return preparation for low and moderate individuals and families.
New Jersey Citizen Action is now accepting resumes for temporary Tax Preparers to work in our Bloomfield, Highland Park and Newark locations. Flexible hours are available including days, evenings and Saturdays. Training classes are available.
- Attend new and/or refresher tax law and software training needed for certification
- Successfully pass all tests required of tax law knowledge for tax preparation
- Provide basic and advanced preparation for eligible taxpayers
- Interview the client to determine that all income, deductions and allowable credits are reported
- Prepare only those returns for which training and certification were provided
- Maintain the confidentiality of the client’s information
- Provide the client with a copy of the return and review its contents with the client
- Have the client sign the applicable authorization documents for electronic filing
- Complete all administrative activities related to the completion of the client’s return
- Basic computer skills for inputting tax return data into the software
- Ability to communicate effectively, including the ability to interview clients about personal and financial matters
- Ability to work with the public in a helpful and supportive manner
- Friendly, dependable, reliable and flexible
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Must be able to work a minimum of three days per week from January to April
Please submit resume to Naomi Anderson, Director of VITA
New Jersey Citizen Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer.