DROP OFF & REMOTE SERVICE ONLY
We offer FREE tax preparation services in English and Spanish as part of our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs for households earning up to $60,000.
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Friday to Sunday: Closed
165 Halsey Street, Newark NJ 07102
NJCA’ s free tax preparation service helps hard-working New Jersey families take advantage of all of the tax credits they are eligible for including the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit (CTC), and education credits. If you qualify for the EITC, you could receive up to $6,660 in tax refunds!
Since first launching our program in 2007, we have provided more than 53,000 low-income workers with our free tax preparation services, returning more than $90.8 million in refunds to New Jersey families.
We also offer FREE preparation for initial and renewal individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) applications.
Our free tax preparation services are available in English and Spanish. Our IRS-certified staff prepares and electronically files federal and all state tax returns for individuals and families making less than $60,000 annually and helps those eligible claim the state and federal Earned Income Tax Credits.
- Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, all services will be provided via drop-off remote services for the health and safety of our clients and staff. There will be no face-to-face tax preparation.
- Clients must have a working phone number; all communication will be conducted by phone for tax preparation assistance.
- Clients must complete a packet of paperwork (click here to download) before getting their taxes completed at the office.
- If you are unable to print the packet, please come to the office to pick one up.
- All clients must provide original social security cards for all individuals on the tax return. COPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- All clients must have a valid ID, including spouse if applicable. These will be verified at the office before any services begin.
- Your package must include your W2’s, 1098’s and 1099’s from all jobs as well as any other applicable tax documentation.
- If you received unemployment in 2020, you must have your 1099G form or information on the total income received and total taxes withheld. We cannot do your taxes without this information.